Friday 13 February 2015

I didn't endorse Buhari but I support him -Obasanjo replies


Obasanjo and Buhari
The former President of Nigeria,Olusegun Obasanjo has reacted to the speculations that he has openly endorsed Buhari for the next presidential election.
It would be recalled that Obasanjo had said during an interview with the Financial Times at a book launch on Monday that he would support the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Muhammadu Buhari.

 The former president had said, “The circumstances he (Buhari) will be working under if he wins the elections are different from the one he worked under before, where he was both the executive and the legislature – he knows that. He is smart enough. He is educated enough. He’s experienced enough. Why shouldn’t I support him?” APC leaders commended Obasanjo for the said endorsement while leaders of his (Obasanjo’s) party, the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, such as a former Minister of State for Defence, Musiliu Obanikoro; Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose and the National Chairman of the party, Adamu Mu’Azu, condemned him (Obasanjo).

 However, Obasanjo has now come out to say that although he supports Buhari, he hasn’t endorsed him. He said, “I will not go into argument about that. I did not unendorse him or endorse him as such. A question was asked and I said I will determine, based on the track record of those candidates who are contesting and who ask me for support, and when I do that, based on my own assessment, I will support the candidate that I believe has the best track record. And I am still in the process of that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this post with friends if you like it

The comments on this blog are not the opinion of the blog owner but that of those who read and comment on issues posted on this it.

Send any story or news you may want to be published on: newsburster@gmail.com .Its free