Wednesday 3 December 2014

Portharcourt Market Fire Disaster


Rivers state Newlayout Market in  Port Harcourtn has been gutted by fire destroying goods worths of millions.

The course of the fire is still unknown but the fire disaster occurred around 8pm (Tuesday night).

Chairman of the market, Jack Robinson said the fire may have started with a spark from one of the shops after power was restored.

Robinson also said the fire started from Lane 2 of the market.dailypost



An obviously devastated victim of the inferno said: “I got a call that fire was burning in our market, then me and my children ran there immediately. I got there and I was looking at how my shop was burning. My supermarket has finished. I am finished. I have been crying. I don’t know what to do again.

An eyewitness said, “many of them just returned from Onitsha and Aba to refill their stores and this kind of thing has happened. This fire disaster happens every year. We don’t know what to do, I don tire.”

Meanwhile, the Rivers state Government said the state government was worried why there is recurrence of inferno engulfing major markets every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this post with friends if you like it

The comments on this blog are not the opinion of the blog owner but that of those who read and comment on issues posted on this it.

Send any story or news you may want to be published on: newsburster@gmail.com .Its free