Thursday 5 February 2015

Bruce Jenner's Mum shocked by his gender transition but still proud of him


Bruce Jenner's Mum
The octogenerian mother of Bruce Jenner said she was shocked when he revealed to her about his gender transition into a woman but she said that his son is happier now than when he won an Olympic medal 40 years ago.
Esther Jenner, 88, tells the Associated Press they only discussed the matter briefly.
"He said, 'I want to be honest about my identity, and I know this is coming out in the press,' " says Esther, who lives in Lewiston, Idaho. "I said I was proud of him and that I'll always love him. I never thought I could be more proud of Bruce when he reached his goal in 1976, but I'm more proud of him now. It takes a lot of courage to do what he's doing."

Esther admits "it was a shock" to learn of Bruce's journey, adding: "It's hard to wrap your mind around it." But she says "the family is close and very supportive of Bruce, and we're supportive of each other."

Also, she's glad that Bruce, 65, isn't hiding his true identity, which after all isn't completely new.

"He said, 'Mom, I'm still the same person,' " Esther says. "He said, 'I'm still going to race cars, I'm still going to fly airplanes, and I'm going to get my helicopter license.'"


Hmmmmmmmmm,sounds weird though

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this post with friends if you like it

The comments on this blog are not the opinion of the blog owner but that of those who read and comment on issues posted on this it.

Send any story or news you may want to be published on: newsburster@gmail.com .Its free