Tuesday 20 January 2015

Florida woman spends $164k yearly living on luxury cruise ship


Florida woman spends $164k  on luxury cruise ship
A woman from Florida,Lee Wachtstetter,86 years,sold her five bedroom house on 10 acres of land and became a permanent tenant on a luxury cruise ship after the death of her husband.
The woman who is popularly known as Mama Lee is said to have lived on the 11 year old and 1070 passenger ship more than any crew member for the past seven years.photos after the jump....


"My husband introduced me to cruising," she recalled. "Mason was a banker and real estate appraiser and taught me to love cruising. During our 50-year marriage we did 89 cruises. I've done nearly a hundred more and 15 world cruises." she said

On how many countries she ha visited and her experience in them she said:
"I stopped counting after 100." she said. "Just say I've been to almost any country that has a port."
 She rarely bothers going ashore nowadays because she's most likely already been there several times. "And when most everybody goes ashore it's so quiet, and I have almost the whole ship for myself."

Florida woman lives on luxury cruise ship
 Istanbul is an exception, though. "I can't resist the Grand Bazaar," Wachstetter said. "You can find gorgeously regal or glitzy outfits there, perfect for formal or casual wear and not terribly expensive. I have to restrain myself every time because of my limited cabin space."
The pool area on a Crystal cruise ship.
 "The day before my husband died of cancer in 1997, he told me, 'Don't stop cruising.' So here I am today living a stress-free, fairy-tale life."


She estimates living the good life on the Serenity this year will cost her $164,000. That'll cover costs of her single-occupancy seventh deck stateroom, regular and specialty restaurant meals with available lunch and dinner beverages, gratuities, nightly ballroom dancing with dance hosts and Broadway-caliber entertainment — as well as the captain's frequent cocktail parties, movies, lectures, plus other scheduled daily activities.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this post with friends if you like it

The comments on this blog are not the opinion of the blog owner but that of those who read and comment on issues posted on this it.

Send any story or news you may want to be published on: newsburster@gmail.com .Its free