Thursday 18 December 2014

Enyeama-Why I Lost BBC African Footballer of the Year,May be Nigerians Didn't Vote for me

Enyeama-I Lost BBC African Footballer of the Year

Vincent Enyeama who was nominated and lost out on this years BBC African footballer of the year has assumed that his not winning could be because nigerians didn't vote for him.

Enyeama was shortlisted for the award along with eventual winner Algerian Yacine Brahimi, Gabonese Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Ivorian pair Gervinho and Yaya Toure.After a record number of votes were submitted from fans in 207 FIFA-registered countries, Brahimi came out on top.


The 24-year-old midfielder becomes the first Algerian to win the award, which is decided by football fans.“I wouldn’t say I felt bad because I deserved to win based on my performance through January till date, but it was down to voting and perhaps Nigerians didn’t vote enough.”

“In any case I want to say a big thank you to all those who did. It means I must put extra effort to my job for the next one,” said Enyeama, who is among the shortlisted for the annual Glo-CAF African Footballer of the Year Award which will hold in Lagos next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this post with friends if you like it

The comments on this blog are not the opinion of the blog owner but that of those who read and comment on issues posted on this it.

Send any story or news you may want to be published on: newsburster@gmail.com .Its free