Friday 19 December 2014

My Life Story-From Okada to Admin. Manager(Must read)


My Life Story-From Okada to Admin. Manager
I was very happy to put this story of my life down and share it on this blog the moment i saw that publication that people should submit their stories about their life experiences.

Let me use this medium to encourage many youths out there who may think there is no hope for them in the face of all the economic challenges facing our country which in turn affect them badly in the area of employment.

Here is my story and i plead to remain anonymous in this post:


I am a young man of 30 years who laboured all through his academic years in other to scale through the University.I finally graduated with second class lower.Now the big challenge was to secure a good job.Having nobody in governmernt or in any good paying company,I kept applying for jobs on any available vacancy in sight attending interviews without success in securing one both in the southern and western part of this country especially Lagos.

At a point.I just made up my mind to do anything to survive while i kept on applying for jobs.Though,a friend accomodated me, but i needed so many things to keep me afloat.I had to eat to survive at least and also needed enough transport fare to move around this large city of Lagos as I searched.These things were lacking because my friend i was living with didn't find my stay with him funny as he was equally managing too.I was such a burden on him.I really appreciated his help.

One day,after starving for so long,i approached a commercial motorcyclist in the neighbourhood to enquire how i could get one to work with.Immediately,he told me his friend was looking for who to drive his.Thats how my journey into commercial motorcycling began with the hope after few months i would get my dream job.
Months stretched to years ,i was still searching for a better job while i kept on driving Okada without any tangible savings.I started this from the year 2008 when i finished my youth service till 2012.Its not that i was not making money but let's not talk about what policemen do to Okada people in lagos state.The only thing i could boast of was the fact that i was feeding myself and paying for one bedroom rent.

Now,while passing through all this for four years,i was depressed and psychologically strssed up.My childhood dreams appeared to have disappeared into the thin air and i almost lost hope.Was it the sleepness nights and the thought of my responsiblities i wasnt meeting up with?


To cut the long story short,one day,I had this passenger whom i had a good conversation with as we drove along Ijesha road.From, perhaps ,my grammatical composition, the man asked me the school i graduated from and how long i had been into the business of Okada.When i mentioned four years,he obliged me to park at an eatery along our path.There,we had a loooong discussion talking about me.I saw tears drop from his eyes.I was broken to the marrow at the sight of seeing him that way because he reminded me I wasn't where i was supposed to be and had spent so many years in it without any hope of getting better in it.

Thats how my life turned around because he is one of the Directors in the company where i work now as an administrative manager.Then the rest of the story is now left to your imagination.I thank God for my life today.

So my advice to whoever that reads this story is never give up hope in whatever challenge you come accross in life because there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Whao! this story really touched me so much because i can imagine what its like searching for a good job in this country.Its really quite encouraging especially to the teeming unemployed youths out there.
 

Please drop a comment and click the share buttons for others to read and be encouraged as well

You can as well send your own story and have it published here as part of your own contribution to make an impact on the life of people you may not know.


From now ,we will be shortlisting the best five published stories sent in by blog readers at the end of the month and put them up for voting here.Whichever has the highest like votes gets a cash reward.
Goodluck In Advance

Send your stories to :newsburster@gmail.com
Go straight to the point and let it be original on any area of life experience.

RELATED STORY
 True Life Story Of an Orphan-Dont Cry please


3 comments:

  1. Great story.The man was really God sent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. plz before wednesday ill send u my story so that people can share with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me cry but that God it all ended well

    ReplyDelete

Share this post with friends if you like it

The comments on this blog are not the opinion of the blog owner but that of those who read and comment on issues posted on this it.

Send any story or news you may want to be published on: newsburster@gmail.com .Its free